The Cunningham School was built in 1913 and for more than a half century
was seat of learning for generations of young people. The school now is used as a meeting place and may be rented for conferences, receptions or dinners.
Next door is the Nathan Sweet Memorial Museum, housed in one of the first schools built in Madera County. For nearly 100 years before it was moved to Fresno Flats Park in 1977, the one-room school underwent several changes to serve as the local justice court and branch county library. Today it contains a wide variety of exhibits including a recreated schoolroom, a general store and a doctor’s office. Several other displays feature late 19th and early 20th Century clothing, tools, games and artifacts. A gift shop with a wide selection of historical books, bonnets and baubles also may be found at the museum.
-- click here for image gallery